The team has significant experience in:
- counseling clients on corporate, commercial, foreign exchange and transactional matters across various sectors including engineering, healthcare, pharmaceutical, apparel, manufacturing, software, automotive, mining and trading;
- advising on Greenfield and Brownfield investments in terms of Nigeria foreign investment regulations, preparing legal due diligence reports, conducting negotiations, drafting necessary documentation, and advising/representing a company board post an acquisition. We offer tactical entry strategies into the Nigeria market to suit clients’ long-term interests;
- Drafting varied agreements/documents including paperwork connected with joint ventures such as shareholder agreements, business transfer/purchase agreements, IP assignment/license agreements and employee transfer documentation etc. To ensure the viability of joint venture partnerships, our advice factors in investment protection and exit strategies;
- Liaising with stakeholders such as chartered accountants, proposed business partners and third parties including government agencies like the Reserve Bank of Nigeria as part of end-to-end services provided to ensure a fruitful, and hassle free, launch of projects by clients.
Our corporate practice also focuses on:
- advising on company formation/management and conducting legal due diligence as a precursor to acquisitions;
- drafting schemes of amalgamation/demerger and filing these before High Courts;
- representing clients before various government departments including the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, the Reserve Bank of Nigeria and offices of the Registrar of Companies, Regional Director etc.;
- obtaining commercial/statutory registrations;
- advising on legislations such as the companies act, foreign exchange laws, foreign investment (FDI) policy, competition law, labor laws, food laws, packaging and labeling regulations, etc;
- drafting IP licenses, assignments, franchise arrangements, etc. and assisting on IP transactional matters;
- handling commercial litigation before various courts and tribunals in the country including the Supreme Court of India, High Courts, National Company Law Tribunal etc.;
- Offering alternate dispute resolution services through arbitration, mediation and conciliation.